Hutchinson Central Technical High School
Course Name: Global History & Geography 10
Instructor: Ms. Garcia Contact Time: 8:57-9:38 Phone Ext: 1341
1. Averages are determined by a Total Points System
2. Each assignment is given a point value. A student will receive a grade for every assignment turned in . NO LATE HOMEWORK WILL BE ACCEPTED. YOU WILL NOT PASS THE QUARTER, IF YOU DO NOT TURN IN YOUR HOMEWORK.
3. A studentís grade will be determined by dividing the total points earned in quarter by the total points available.
4. THERE ARE NO MAKE UPS FOR TESTS OR QUIZES. If you are absent the day of an assessment you will receive a zero for that assignment. If there are extenuating circumstances, a parent should send a note in with their student the next day. No Note no make up test. (There are never make ups for quizes).
A hangnail is not an extenuating circumstance.
Homework 400 300 Classwork 100 70 Projects 100 80 Test/Quizzes 400 300 Totals 1000 750
750/1000 = 75%
1. Homework will be given 3 or 4 days a week
2. Homework is due on the due date.
3. No late work will be accepted.
4. Work must be brought to class with student.
(Not left in the locker and brought later.)
5. If a student is absent, the assignment is due the next day
the student comes to class.
6. If a student is going to be out for an extended time, please
contact me for work.
YOU MUST BE IN CLASS THE DAY OF A TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will receive a zero for the test unless the guidelines below are
1. In order to make up a test you must be in my room the next morning at
7:15 am with a note from your parent explaining your absence
addressed to me.
2. NO NOTE, NO MAKE UP!!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. If there are special circumstances, ie: a death in the family, a parent should call me to make special arrangements to make up the test before school ASAP.
THERE ARE NO MAKE UPS FOR QUIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU MUST IN CLASS TO TAKE A QUIZ.
Global History and Geography 10 is a continuation of a two year course of study into world history and the geographic elements that influence it. The GlobalHistory and Geography Regents Exam is given in June of the sophomore year. Students must receive a score of 65% on this exam in order to graduate.
Unit 5 Absolutism and Revolution
Unit 6 Industrial Age and Empire Building
Rise of Democracy
Unit 7 World at War
World War I
Rise of Dictators
World War II
Unit 8 Global Age
Challenges to Global Security